Burma/Myanmar is an amazing country to visit and this two week itinerary lets you see the best it has to offer in a short amount of time.
- Fly into Yangon and explore Burma's Buddhist fervor
- Take night bus to Kalaw for three day, two night trek to Inle Lake
- Spend three to four days around Inle Lake, taking boat tours, riding bikes, and exploring the ruins at Indein
- Take night bus to Bagan and spend at least two days discovering hidden temples in the desert
- Take bus to Mandalay and allow at least one day to explore the city despite the smog
- optional—If you have more than two weeks, escape Mandalay's heat by going north to Hsipaw or Pyin Oo Lwin
For more, see our tips for budget travel in Burma.
Share your own itinerary tips by leaving a comment!