Thailand has it all, from beaches and jungles to ancient ruins and wild elephants. Here is how to make the best of three weeks in this beautiful country. If you have more or less time, adjust as you see fit.
- Start in Bangkok, where you can explore the relationship between Thailand's royal past and extremely modern future
- Take a bus to Kanchanaburi for WWII history and waterfalls
- Rent bikes to discover ancient ruins at Ayutthaya and Sukhothai
- For something really wild, head to Khao Yai National Park and cross your fingers for a wild elephant spotting in the jungle
- Head north for several days in Chiang Mai where you can spend your time petting tigers, learning to cook, working on an organic farm, motorbiking to unexplored countryside, or trekking to nearby hill tribes
- optional—If you're a fast traveler or have a bit more time, head south to the beaches. Try Ko Tao for the cheapest diving in the world or party it up at Ko Phi Phi.
For more, see our tips for traveling Thailand.
Share your own itinerary tips by leaving a comment!